Fees for 2014/5 will be confirmed later this year.
Full-time fees 2013-4
NZD $43,500 for International Students
NZD $36,000 for Domestic Students
- Core papers (15 points) NZD $1800
- BMBA 530 (30 points) NZD $3600
- BUSI 540 (60 points) NZD $7200
- BMBA 550 (60 points) NZD $7200
- Core papers (15 points) NZD $2175
- BMBA 530 (30 points) NZD $4350
- BUSI 540 (60 points) NZD $8700
- BMBA 550 (60 points) NZD $8700
Additional information about fees
- Fees are assessed each year and annual increases (or decreases) are expected to be modest. Under current circumstances this would be in the order of 5%.
- Fees are inclusive of 15% GST (New Zealand Goods and Services Tax).
- Tuition fees do not include any of the University’s sundry charges. Please see below for indicative sundry charges.
- Some costs such as additional or specialised printing, stationary, and special events or trips are not included in the fee.
- Part-time students pay fees prevailing at the time of enrolment for each individual paper.
- More information about fees at Otago.
Student Services Fee
The annual Student Services Fee incorporates charges for a range of services which are charged in addition to the above fee. These services include:
- Access to student gym facilities
- Subsidised health and counselling services for domestic students
- Access to OUSA support services and recreational facilities
- Access to University recreation services
- Internet access.
NZD $671.67 Student Services Fee for 2014
Those staying on campus in the second year (Phase Two) will be invoiced for a second annual Student Services Fee at that time. Those continuing off campus may apply for an exemption.
Visit the Student Services Fee section of the University of Otago website.
Comparatively, the Otago MBA in New Zealand is fantastic value for money.
For those considering coming to New Zealand from another country, the total investment required to complete the Otago MBA, including fees and all living costs (such as rent, food, power, and entertainment) is approximately NZD$70k.