The Otago MBA offers an internationally accredited programme with small classes of high-achievers from all over the world. The Otago MBA experience is well known for its vibrant and stimulating campus setting in the beautiful South Island of New Zealand.
The healthy balance between
academic excellence, physical adventure, professional development and pushing
(challenging) personal limitations is one that employers understand well.
The following profile of Otago MBA graduates was developed in consultation with our stakeholders and the School's Postgraduate Advisory Group.
- Broad, up-to-date knowledge of all areas of contemporary business theory and practice.
- Well-grounded opinions on the use, applicability and limitations of contemporary business theory.
- Familiarity with the NZ and international business environments.
- An ethical awareness within which to consider actions and decisions.
Skills (The ability to...)
- Think strategically.
- Identify, access, organise and interpret information.
- Analyse complex situations, assess risks, and solve problems in a timely manner.
- Identify issues, draw conclusions from analyses, and conceptualise creative solutions.
- Make effective independent judgments.
- Negotiate and satisfactorily resolve organisational conflict.
- Listen and communicate effectively.
- Manage with flexibility, adaptability and sensitivity, especially within teams of persons with diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Outward looking, widely aware and curious.
- An awareness of and sensitivity to broader cultural and ethical considerations.
- The motivation and skill to be a life-long learner.
- Appreciation of and striving for excellence.
- A high level of personal integrity.
- An appreciation of all stakeholder interests.